Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Work Continues

So just out of the blue I decided we could start laying down some sub flooring in the basement. I'm tired of walking on cold concrete in the winter and I'd like to start working on that part of the house to make it feel more homey. The floor is uneven and like I said cold. So I gave David the okay and budgeted some money for wood to get it started.

Now we're dealing with that unevenness of the floor. Plus the dogs are have issues with peeing on the floor downstairs so I cleaned up some of it with ammonia and a wash cloth. So we had to put things on hold the rest of the day due to letting the floor dry all the way. We don't want mold now do we? In this area we're laying down a plastic layer and insulation beneath the subfloor to help with the cold in that area. I want to lay down carpet but I highly doubt that's what David will do. He has free rein in that area so it's up to him.

I'm currently thinking of putting up all of my scrap booking stuff up until Walter leaves for boot camp and I'm able to start working on the bed room and the craft room. It will probably be close to a year before we're able to get to that point but by then I'll be able to get all I want done. I'm also considering getting rid of my desktop and the current work table I have now. I'm thinking of looking into a different desk and getting rid of our old kitchen table. I'm not sure on what to do though. It would take convincing David of this same idea. Well I guess we'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment