Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Moving On

So with winter coming upon us we're starting to make plans for our next big project. We have two bigger projects we want to start but one will have to wait until after winter is over with. The other one is one that has to wait until after Walter moves out.

The 1st project is the front porch. The current porch is falling apart. The stairs are bowing as you walk up them. The balistraude is falling apart with the rails coming out of the porch all together. In a couple of spots I'm afraid to step because I'm afraid I'm going to fall through the porch. The porch isn't the best in design and it's not big enough. Unfortunately all David and I have agreed upon is that it needs to be made out of red wood and pressure treated wood. UGH! I came up with a design idea that would block off the side yard from the dogs and from prying eyes from the sidewalk in the front of the house (we want privacy when we put in our hot tub), and it would give us more room. David said flat out that he doesn't want to redo the sprinkler system. I'd really like it if we would but what do I know. I'm sure eventually he'll come around to thinking about it but I'm wondering how long that will take.

The 2nd project is our bedroom. I want to get that room done. What I want to do though is wait until Walter goes off to boot camp, then we can clean his stuff out of his room and get it into the attic. Then move our larger stuff into that room and then we can gut that room and start from stratch and cleaning it up. We need new dry wall, ceiling, electrical, flooring, sub flooring, painting, and trim. Then we can move our stuff back into our bedroom and then start on Walter's bedroom. His room will become my craft room. It will be gutted as well. The closets will be removed and we'll build shelves. Redo the drywall, sub floor, ceiling, and electrical. His room will be open as well. The wall next to the stairs will be taken out as will the door. Our room will be the only closed area in the basement. Once again this will have to wait.

We need to finish the den area. I want to start working on the sub floor in that room and we're going to laying down the same flooring that we have in the laundry room. We really like that color and it's so damn easy to lay! I can't wait to get to work on this!!!!!

I wanted to start working on the porch during the fall but I think it's going to be easier to just wait with it. I just want to get started on something! I feel like we're standing still. I'm excited about how things are going to look when we're done!

No comments:

Post a Comment