Friday, April 8, 2011

Painting!

Finally! When we started this project 3 months ago we thought it would take forever to get to this point. Looking back at it I think that we could have done it in a week had we had the money to buy all of our supplies at one time. Unfortunately we didn't. I still think it was a good idea to go slow with this project though.

David is unhappy with the joints in the room. I told him it was a learning process. Nothing is ever going to look perfect doing this ourselves. The only way we'd get it perfect is having a professional come in and do it.

I started painting Kilz on the walls Wednesday. I was very happy! With so much of the work being done by David alone lately I was feeling a bit left out. Sad I know but still. I guess I hated more that he was working so much on his own. He's so tired between the work at work and the work at home. Anyhoo, David complained about the first layer being too thin but I told him the second one would be a thicker layer. Then when I looked back at it after it had started to dry you can still see spots where I painted it too thin. UGH! Oh well once the color is up on the walls you won't be able to tell the difference.

I was seriously surprised to see David agree to a color that I wanted. He's been surprising me a lot lately. I think he'll enjoy it though. If he does then this will probably be the kitchen color as well. I could have started painting today but David needs to remove the overhead light and sand down one spot that is a pain to get to. Then I'll be able to start taping and putting up color! So tomorrow will be our best bet. If I can get that done early enough then maybe the second coat by the afternoon (that's what I like about Behr paint it dries decently quickly!). Then if we're lucky by Sunday we'll be laying down flooring and putting on outlet covers and putting up our lighting!

David did find a draw back. We were going to put a folding table over the washer and dryer. We had picked out a nice counter top and we were going to build a cabinet for it. Well David started doing some measuring and found out that the counter top we'd picked out is too narrow for the width of our washer and dryer. So then after some thinking David said we could still build the cabinet around the washer and dryer and then use the left over flooring for the counter top! What an awesome idea!!!!!!!!!!!! I loved it! This is why I married the man! We'll definitely have left over flooring so I think it's going to work out perfectly!

All in all it's looking great! I'll post more pic on Facebook when I get a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment